Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Thrill and Adventure of the Hunt

Okay........ so I haven't had the chance to tell you how I find my treasures.  Well the truth is sometimes they just find me.  As I was thrifting a couple of weeks ago my eyes caught onto a horrific aztec or santa fe style vase.  I thought eeeeew, and went on my way.  Well let me tell you what, I could not get that ugly little thing out of my mind! That night when I got in bed I was still thinking of that vase and regretting that I had not purchased it earlier that day, even though  I had no idea what I would even do to it. (Usually I have a very open mind and can see beauty and potential in most things).  Long story short, I went back two days later hoping to buy that vase.  As I walked up and down the aisles, I felt disappointed when I could not find it any where.  Really, I had a pit in my stomach as ridiculous as it sounds.  I thought, "oh my gosh someone else recognized that it was special."  As I was leaving I thought I should just check out the furniture and as I turned around there was that little tree vase winking at me, ready to jump in my cart and be turned into its own Cinderella.  So now the most thrilling part I painted it and put it together with some moss and twigs in my family room it has a "faux bois" quality and I love it.  But when I looked at the Anthropologie web sight to look at Christmas ornaments what do I find but a collection of white tree vases.  AMAZING.  I was over the moon.  Okay so there you have it.  I have to say I almost like my version better.  What do you think?  Check out my makeover below.  You can also see the vase at Anthropologie--it's the last picture below.
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?color=011&navAction=jump&id=073613



2 comments:

  1. It looks way better than Anthropologie and a much prettier price tag!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You really have a GOOD eye, because I only saw the ugly. You made it special and kicked Anthro's version to the curb. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete